* Sunshine. Anytime in February I can run to my truck in a light sweatshirt and not freeze my rear off, I'm inspired. Inspired to move, stretch, smile, wave at strangers.
* Realizing pattern changes, or ones which need changing. I've recently discovered coffee doesn't sit well with me, so I attempted chi tea today, and mid-way through the thing (though it was delicious) I realized it really didn't serve me, I really didn't want it, and in no way did I need it. Montana Coffee Traders makes a delightful Chi Tea, I would encourage you to try it, but needless to say, it won't be in my menu in the near future.
*Positive feedback. I signed a new client today--I hope the day never comes when this isn't exciting--and not only was her enthusiasm a delight to encounter, but she'd heard of me as a trainer around the valley and was thrilled to inform me she'd heard nothing but good about training with me. What a gift to hear you're changing people's lives.
* Naps. I had a delightful 90 minute nap today in front of a space heater and loved how refreshed and energized I was upon waking. How can that not inspire you?
* Isolation exercises. 3 weeks post surgery most of my training is still body weight, TRX, and yoga based. I've been cleared for some pulling exercises as long as they're supported, but light weights. Doctor strongly encouraged 3-5lbs (what on earth am I going to do with 3lbs I wondered) With my shoulders slightly behind the lifting focus was on isolation of the deltoids. Needless, 3 pounds was about all I could handle in many of the exercises while focusing on a hard contract. How delightful for this extra time to really focus on making sure I'm hitting contraction, form, and isolating the correct muscles, along with re-setting some muscle memory and form as needed.
* The top on my list of inspiration was the photo shoot I had with Flathead Living, the quarterly magazine I write health and fitness articles for. Greg came by today and we took pictures of the recommend golf exercises for my spring article, and it's always exciting to see how the layout will turnout in the end. I love writing and love fitness, what a great feeling to see the two merge.
What inspired you today and how will you take all the positive energy into tomorrow?